1. Taxi Drivers cannot opt NOT to use their meter. They cannot bargain the fare with the passenger.
2. Taxi Drivers cannot ask the passenger to go down because of a traffic jam.
3. Taxi drivers cannot pick up additional passengers along the way.
4. Taxi Drivers cannot refuse to take-in a passenger. This is based on Senate Bill Number 7822004.
5. Taxi Drivers cannot take a chosen route without the consent of the passenger.
The only thing we can do to stop abusive taxi drivers is to report them. Take note of the taxi’s company name and plate number then call the LTFRB Hotline at 459-2129.
This information was brought to you by Marikina Public Information Office.